Our Services

Our Services

What we Do

At AG Accountancy Ltd we provide up-to-date and targeted advice on a range of taxation and accountancy services to companies, sole traders, partnerships and private individuals.


The preparation of annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies is essential as a measure of the financial health of your business.  Not only do they show both positive and negative trends, but can be used to calculate financial performance indicators, keeping you in control of your business finances.  They form the basis of your tax position and your statutory accounts for limited companies.  We can produce these on a fixed fee basis, agreed before work is undertaken.

Corporation Tax and Company Accounts

Using the accounts as a basis, we can complete and submit your statutory accounts to Companies House.  We can make the necessary tax adjustments for submission of your corporation tax return to HMRC.  Throughout this process, we will advise on any appropriate planning to ensure you are operating in the most tax efficient manner.  If your company has any interest bearing loans, we can calculate the interest due, advise on the income tax to be deducted, submit such information to HMRC and draw up annual tax certificates for the financial year.  We are always available for any in-year advice required.

Company Secretarial Services

We are able to undertake all aspects of your company’s secretarial needs such as completion and submission of Companies House statutory forms, maintenance of the register of directors and company secretary, maintenance of dividend registers, board meeting minutes and dividend tax vouchers.

Tax Returns

Tax legislation is constantly changing.  We can draw up your taxable accounts from your source documents or from your own records in order to make the necessary tax adjustments ready for the completion and online submission of self-assessment tax returns for sole traders, partnerships, company directors and individuals.  We can help with tax planning opportunities and recommend ways to minimise your tax liability.

Capital Gains Tax

Capital gains tax is chargeable on individuals, companies and trusts on the sale or transfer of valuable possessions, both tangible, such as land and buildings, and intangible, such as shares.  However, there are numerous reliefs available.  We are able to advise on whether capital gains tax is due and undertake any subsequent calculations and submissions as required.


Day-to-day accountancy functions such as management accounts and bookkeeping are essential but time consuming.  We can help with the set-up of accounting systems or undertake these functions, including the production and explanation of management reports, so that you are in control of your finances whilst allowing you to focus on your core activities.


HMRC offer a range of VAT schemes so we can consider the most appropriate scheme for your business.  We can help with VAT registration and pre-registration claims as well as VAT return preparation and online submission and EC Sales List preparation and paper submission.


Payroll is fraught with regulation.  We can ensure you remain compliant with changing legislation however many staff you  have.  Our fees are fixed to include employee starters, leavers and year end submissions as well as payroll reports and analysis, with no hidden extras.  We can help with the additional work required in complying with auto-enrolment as well as assessing employee status and calculating pension deductions on an ongoing basis.  We can advise, calculate and submit any employee benefits in kind.

Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)

We can prepare your monthly CIS returns, including subcontractor verification and payment certificates, as well as advising on subcontractor status.

Budgeting and Forecasting

We can prepare cash flow forecasts and budgets to assist with financial planning.

Business Start-up Advice

We are able to advise on the most suitable structure for your new business and undertake the necessary registrations with HM Revenue & Customs and Companies House, as appropriate.